Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Balsamic Glaze
Recipe by Beth Bacon
Brussels Sprouts are a great option for your vegetable intake that provide a large amount of nutrients and fiber. They don’t require much to spice up and they complement a large variety of meals. They also fit into an overall healthy diet on the regular!
Ingredients – Brussels:
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 large shallots, peeled and cut into ½” thick wedges
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 T balsamic glaze
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Heat an oven-safe nonstick or cast iron pan over medium-high heat and add olive oil, Brussels sprouts, and shallots in one layer and let cook undisturbed for about 3 minutes until beginning to caramelize.
- Turn occasionally for an additional 2-3 minutes until golden brown on all sides.
- Transfer your pan to the oven and roast for 8-10 minutes, until softened a bit but still slightly al dente. Drizzle with balsamic glaze, toss and serve.
Ingredients – Balsamic Glaze:
- 2 cups high-quality balsamic vinegar
- Heat balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring it to a gentle boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and let it simmer, stirring occasionally, until the vinegar thickens and is reduced to about ½ cup (this will take approximately 20 minutes). It should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and allow it to cool completely before serving (~ 15 mins)