Greek Yogurt Tzatziki Sauce
Recipe by Beth Bacon
Here’s a way to add TONS of flavor to your meats while also getting in some more protein.
- 1 c fat-free (or you can use 2% or full-fat if you have the macros for it) Greek yogurt
- 1/2 c diced, seedless cucumber (make sure you wring out all the excess water)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 c fresh dill or 8 tsp dried dill
- 1 T lemon juice
1) Add the cucumber, garlic, and dill to a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Add this mixture to your Greek yogurt and stir until well-combined.
2) Stir in the lemon juice and salt/pepper and store in the fridge until your ready to use it.
3) 1 T of extra virgin olive oil is optional if you have the fat macros for it, but I usually skip this as I don’t feel it adds any significant flavor.
You can use more or less dill or garlic to your taste preference.
The cucumber being seedless and free of water is really important here. If you can’t find seedless cucumbers, make sure you scoop the seeds out of yours before chopping. You can wring the excess water out by squeezing the chopped cucumber in a few paper towels or some cheesecloth. If you skip this step, you’ll have a pretty watery sauce.