Air-Fried Chicken Wings
Recipe by Beth Bacon
Chicken wings are one of those items that don’t fit into daily nutrition – they’re really high in fat. But they are perfect as an occasional treat!
Often times people want to save their “off-plan” meals to blow it out on unlimited pasta, entire pizzas, and tubs of ice cream…or whole bottles of wine. This all or nothing thinking is what gets people into trouble and is unsustainable long-term when you have performance or physique goals.
Instead, get creative in the kitchen, and eat something made with your own hands with friends and family. Enjoy an off-plan meal that is likely more calories than normal, but not gluttonous. This is striking the balance with a healthy lifestyle.
Ingredients (rub for 12 wings):
- 1 t smoked paprika
- 1 t onion powder
- 1 t lemon zest
- 1/2 t crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- 1/4 t allspice
- 1/4 t thyme
- 1/8 t cayenne pepper
- 3t-1T oil
1) Wash the wings, pat them dry, and then place them in a Ziploc bag.
2) Add all of your spices and the oil, then toss to coat.
3) Let them sit in the fridge all day; take them out to warm up to room temp about 1 hour before cooking.
4) Cook in an air fryer or under the broiler for about 20-25 mins total.
5) Use a Hidden Valley Ranch packet + non-fat plain Greek yogurt mixture as a dip.