On-Plan French Toast
Recipe by Beth Bacon
- Bread to fit plan
- Eggs/egg whites to fit plan
- 1-2 oz skim milk
- 1t vanilla extract
- Orange peel
- Splenda/sweetener (optional)
- On plan French toast is so easy. I often like to give clients a calorie equivalent in bread for their breakfast meals for their carb choice, but if you don’t currently have that listed and want to make this, just email us!
- You can use eggs vs egg whites depending on what’s on your meal plan, and you may end up with some leftover egg/whites to eat, which I usually just cook up on the side.
- I love the addition of orange peel, and I picked up that trick from Bobby Flay. It adds really nice favor to what you typically love about French toast. I don’t measure any of my spices – I just use what I know I like, so feel free to play around with those.
- The amount of bread you have at this meal will determine how many eggs/whites and milk you use. The bread I use is 40 cals/slice because I like volume. If you only have 1 slice, obviously your batter can’t be too much. If you end up with extra bread or eggs, just cook them separately and eat them on the side.