Tequila Lime Chicken
Recipe by Chris Tobin Sr.
- 2 lbs chicken breast
- 1 small/medium red onion
- 2 oz tequila, I recommend a reposado for flavor
- 2 oz of fresh lime juice (~about 3 limes)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground coarse black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tbsp fresh rosemary
- Slice chicken breast and combine in a bowl with all ingredients except the broth. Set aside for 15-20 minutes to marinade.
- Remove chicken from bowl, leaving the marinade, and set aside.
- Preheat a heavy gauge pan (preferably cast iron) and cook the strips of chicken in batches so as not to overload the pan. You want to get a good sear which will give you flavor and cook out the alcohol. Remove chicken from pan, set aside.
- Add the marinade to the pan and cook until the marinade is almost completely evaporated.
- Add broth, and if desired slightly thicken with arrowroot to create a sauce.
- Add chicken back to pan; toss to coat.
- Options: spice it up with desired hot pepper by sprinkling your favorite blend on top just before eating (not during cooking)